Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Let the games begin

I've started reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I've been hearing a lot about this book for awhile and Its been on my to read list for about a year. So far its been very interesting and disturbing at the same time. Mildly reminds me of Margaret Atwoods The Handmaids Tale. Its got the same sort of terrible futuristic plot going on. I definately knew I wanted to read this book before the movie comes out. I have a feeling this one is gonna make me cry and then some. Its already getting a emotional response out of me and I'm olny about a chapter in. I love the way Katniss is a strong tough girl main character and yes I'm already forming a bit of a crush on Gale. He makes Edward Cullen seem very pansy like to me even in his mere mortal state. This is gonna be my new book series addiction. I can already tell. I really can't ignore a book that both Stephanie Meyer and the great Stephen King call "Amazing". Call me crazy but I kinda trust their taste in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment