Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The first time I fell in love with a book

   I was really young when I started to seriously read books. I remember the first chapter book I read although for the life of me I can't tell you what the title was. I just remember it was a story about a cat with blue fur and a dog. Thats not very descript but keep in mind I was olny about five years old. What I remember the most was how I amazed I was to fall into a story. Its been that way ever since. Books are a whole beautiful world unto themselves and they have always been an escape for me. The best kind of way to get away so to speak.

   I love the feel of a book in my hand. The weight of it and even the way it smells. There are so many good memories tied to the smell of a new or old book. I'm kinda a compulsive book collector but not in an unhealthy way I just can't resist buying a book when I can afford too. Its a wonderful investment to me and also a bit of a gamble if its a book I've never read before. Even when I don't like a book I have read I still find that I can take something away from it. Stories have that power and If its a book I love well then I feel I always have the story with me. Once a story has been read its immortal. That is what I love the most. The immortality of stories and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment